Associate Membership Terms and Conditions
Your Associate Membership of the Publishers Association is subject to the following Terms & Conditions:
- As your listing will appear on our website, our Terms of Website Use will apply in full. You must ensure that any information provided within your listing complies with clause 10 of such terms.
- No warranty or assurance is given by us or officers that becoming an Associate Member will result in business for you, or that customers obtained through your listing as an Associate Member will be creditworthy. Furthermore, no warranties are given that your listing will be accessed or viewed by any number or class of users.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that information provided is accurate and up to date.
- We reserve the right to remove your listing and cancel your Associate Membership without notice and for any reason. In this instance we will refund the annual fee pro rata for the unexpired term. If we cancel your Associate Membership because of a breach of these terms or the Terms of Website Use no refund will be made.
- Applications for Associate membership must be approved by the PA Council.
- Your Associate Membership will continue on a rolling basis unless and until you give 60 days’ notice in writing (in hard copy or by email) of your intention to terminate your membership or it is terminated by the PA in accordance with clause 5 above. At or prior to your membership anniversary a renewal invoice will be issued.
- Minimum subscription term is 12 months.
- Associate Members will be invited to attend the PA’s Annual General meeting (AGM) but are not eligible to speak or vote and may not appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf.
- Associate Members cannot attend Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM).
- Associate Members are not eligible for election to the PA Council and cannot nominate, propose or second members for election to vacant positions on the PA Council or as Officers.
- Associate Members are not permitted to join PA Sector Councils, Publisher & Professional Communities or Task Forces.
- Associate Members may present information relevant to their product or service at Sector Council meetings, Publisher & Professional Communities or Task Forces provided a written application via email or post has been received and approved at least 14 days in advance of the proposed meeting date by the PA and appropriate group Chair. Acceptance of the request to present is at the sole discretion of the PA and/or group chair.