Publishers Association logo
Using UK content

I want to....

Use someone else's content professionally, but I can't find out who the copyright owner is

  • For business information about licensing 'orphan works' (copyright protected material with no clear ownership) visit The Copyright Hub

Quote or reproduce someone else's content

  • Check directly with the publisher if you want to use a substantial quote
  • Check with CLA to determine whether you need a licence to reproduce material

Sell someone else's content

  • If you want to sell ebooks or audiobooks you need to contact the publishers directly to seek licensing permission
  • To sell online within the EU you must be sure to comply with the relevant regulations relating to online selling and data protection
  • For guidelines on eBay's Policies on selling digital content check the PA's How To... guide

 Create and share my own content

 Stop people from using my content