Metadata helps search engines index information to produce relevant accurate search engine and site search results. Whether it’s your own site, Google or a third party bookstore, metadata is the single most important contributory factor to discoverability and good SEO.
Supadu is the leading provider of web design, e-commerce and data solutions for trade, academic, and education publishers. They are publishing industry experts with 15 years providing publisher solutions. They understand the tools and services a publisher needs, from metadata-driven websites to improved workflow.
This workshop will cover:
- Improved digital reach and ROI
- Understanding XML markup and the ONIX file structure
- Assigning subject categories
- Adding keywords
- Adding descriptive text such as book descriptions, bios, and reviews
- Providing height, width, weight, page count, and other physical specifications
- Specifying price
- Adding images and ebook data
This event is delivered by the Publishers Association in partnership with the Northern Fiction Alliance. If you are a member of either organisation, you can attend free-of-charge.
If you are not a member, the fee is £30, which you can redeem against the cost of your membership if you join the Publishers Association. If you’d like to find out more about membership, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.