Audiobooks are enjoying an impressive year-on-year growth with the sector valued at £97m (up 39.3% on the previous year), but many small and medium-sized publishers don’t know where to start.
Join us online for this 90-minute workshop with Dominic Gribben. Dominic is an audio publisher at Hachette UK with responsibility for the audio lists across Hodder & Stoughton, Headline, John Murray Press and Quercus. In addition to traditional audiobook publishing, Dominic and his team oversee the development of audio original projects, audio partnerships and podcasts.
This workshop will cover:
- Overview of the market and history of the format
- Overview of the retail landscape
- Dominant and emerging genres in fiction
- Profiles of the audiobook consumer
- Factors impacting success (e.g. narrators, reviews)
- Recording options (home vs studio, in-house vs external)
This event is delivered by the Publishers Association in partnership with the Northern Fiction Alliance. If you are a member of either organisation, you can attend free-of-charge.
If you are not a member, the fee is £30, which you can redeem against the cost of your membership if you join the Publishers Association. If you’d like to find out more about membership, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.