PA releases PA Market Report Singapore
09 October 2012
Global Publishing News
Singapore is a wealthy city-state, well-placed to benefit from the growth of emerging markets in Asia. It is a largely English-language market, with long-standing historical and cultural links with the UK. With post financial crisis deleveraging likely to continue to constrain economic growth in Europe and the US, can Singapore offer the prospect of an increase in profitable business to UK publishers? According to the author of the PA Market Report Singapore, Peter Schoppert , it can bearing in mind the following:
- Singapore is already highly penetrated by UK and global English-language book businesses;
- Singapore is a useful place to conduct business in the region;
- Singapore’s interest in English-language books is of a practical and utilitarian nature;
- Singapore’s retail book trade is contracting;
- Singapore's ebook industry is in early stages but has the potential to take off very quickly;
- Singapore Dollar is currently on a path of gradual appreciation against the currencies of its main trading partners (including the UK).
To find out more PA members and GPI Subscribers can access the full report (below), while visitors are able to purchase a copy through the PA's online bookshop, which includes the full table of contents for this report.